Sunday, April 17, 2011

Welcome!

For the longest time, I've been contemplating creating a blog that was intended for the professional community. But let my clarify something.

When I say "professional community", I'm not talking about CEO's or other types of executives or professionals that already have so many programs already intended for them - - forums, conferences, training, coaching, blogs, etc. No, I'm specifically targeting a group of professionals that are often overlooked, undervalued and seemingly forgotten about. I'm specifically talking about Executive Assistants.

Anyone can be an Executive Assistant. Sure, it sounds like a fancy title for an administrative assistant who might be slave to some busy executive. But, while this position requires similar skills to that of just a regular administrative assistant, there are also a very specific set of skills required that set apart Executive Assistants from the rest. Any successful (or even not-so-successful) CEO or other executive can attest to the damaging effects of a poor Executive Assistant. Likewise, they will also tell you how invaluable a successful and highly skilled Executive Assistant is as well.

My name is Kristina and as of the date of this entry, I am 30 years old. I have been an Executive Assistant for much of my working life and over this time, I have developed various skills and knowledge about being successful in what I do. In my position with my current company, I have been given the opportunity to actually train and work with other Executive Assistants with different companies. I thought I'd create a blog to try and do something similar, but on a much wider level utilizing the internet to reach the vast audience of Executive Assistants out there.

♥ kristina

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina: I am currently brainstorming how my company might create the next level of Executive Assistant for the top tier performers (that's me!). Although our individual bosses will say we are indispensable, EAs are undervalued by companies as a whole. In today's work environment, particularly my industry (med device), EAs are called upon to manage programs/projects far beyond the scope the traditional (old-school) secretaries of days gone by. All the while, we are managing all the administrative details of our boss' worklife so that they can deliver their best performance to the company. I'm trying to come-up with a pitch, to my boss and corporate HR leadership, that clearly communicates the tremendous value a top-notch assistant brings to the business. I want to make a case for a more senior level position category where the best-of-the-best can be appropriately recognized and compensated for their above and beyond perfomance. Might we brainstorm this together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! Send me an email at kkschneider@gmail.com so we can discuss further. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got much information on your post, will surely share it, these will help others gain knowledge on these side. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

    - The online admin assistant

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article provides a very useful information that I need. Thanks!
    Executive Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  6. But, while this position requires similar skills to that of just a regular administrative assistant, there are also a very specific set of skills required that set apart Executive Assistants from the rest.
    executive assistant

    ReplyDelete